Cleveland Lawyer Describes Types of Birth Injury
Ohio Injured Children Attorney: Standing Up for Children Injured at Birth. The attorneys of The Becker Law Firm, L.P.A., have obtained financial compensation for parents whose children needlessly sustained many types of birth injuries, including:
- Brain damage from oxygen deprivation: Brain injury from lack of oxygen can cause developmental delays, mental retardation, Cerebral Palsy and death.
- Brain damage from reduced blood flow (ischemia): Medical negligence during a pregnancy or delivery can lead to inadequate blood flow to the brain. This condition can cause irreversible brain damage.
- Brachial plexus injury: The nerves that control the shoulders, arms and hands can be permanently damaged in childbirth, resulting in Erb’s Palsy, Klumpke’s Palsy and related conditions.
- Developmental delay: When a child does not reach important developmental milestones, such as rolling over, walking or talking, it may be appropriate to investigate whether medical malpractice may have caused the problem.
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral Palsy causes permanent damage to the part of the brain that controls motor skills. This type of birth injury can be caused by several kinds of medical negligence.
- Wrongful death of the mother: It is important to know whether something should have been done to prevent the tragic loss of life.
- Wrongful death of the fetus or child: The unnecessary loss of a child is a tragedy. Many fetal and newborn deaths could have been avoided if appropriate obstetrical care had been rendered.
Cleveland Attorney Experienced in All Types of Birth Injury Litigation
Malpractice lawsuits are an enormous undertaking. The Becker Law Firm, L.P.A., has the financial resources, medical acumen and courtroom skills to take on doctors, nurses, hospitals and their defense teams.
Even if you are unsure about whether or what type of birth injury may be involved in your case, please contact us by e-mail or call (440) 210-9336 to arrange a free initial consultation. From offices in Cleveland and Elyria, our lawyers represent clients throughout Ohio.