One of the top 100
trial attorneys in the U.S.
Meet Michael Becker
Decades of experience in birth injury, medical malpractice, and personal injury litigation
Ohio Birth Injury Attorney
Tracing the Source of Birth Injury
Medical negligence cases require an in-depth understanding of anatomy, medical standards and the law. The birth injury attorneys of The Becker Law Firm, L.P.A., benefit from the knowledge of the medical professionals on our team. When necessary, we also work with well-credentialed experts to identify preventable causes of the injury or death.
Common Causes of Birth Injury
Contact a Cleveland birth injury attorney at our firm to discuss injuries caused by:
- Lack of oxygen: including serious birth injuries such as permanent brain damage and death due to oxygen deprivation
- Pregnancy-related negligence: including birth injury cases involving mismanaged gestational diabetes and mismanaged preeclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.
- Cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD): when the fetus is too large to fit through the mother’s pelvis
- Shoulder dystocia: when the baby’s shoulder becomes wedged against the mother’s pubic bone, halting the progress of delivery
- Delivery trauma: including trauma caused by the use of vacuum extractors or forceps as well as improper delivery technique
- Infection: including Group B strep, toxoplasmosis, listeria, herpes simplex, HIV and other infections resulting in septic shock, meningitis and/or encephalitis
- Negligent high-risk birth management: including cases of advanced maternal age, premature birth, birth of twins or other multiples, suspected large fetus, vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC), premature rupture of membranes (PROM) and preterm premature rupture of membranes (P-PROM)
- Failure to prevent, diagnose or treat: uterine rupture, prolapsed umbilical cord or fetal distress
- Obstetrical negligence other than by an obstetrician: including negligence by midwives, family doctors and obstetrical nurses
- Potentially dangerous medications: including anesthesia-related negligence
- Postpartum negligence: including failure to recognize and treat conditions in the mother or child after delivery
Contact an Ohio Birth Injury Lawyer
A birth injury or trauma can cause a lifetime of suffering and financial hardship. It is important to understand your legal rights. Please contact us or call at (440) 210-9336 to arrange a free initial consultation. The attorneys at The Becker Law Firm represent clients throughout Ohio.