- The Becker Law Firm obtained a $2 Million verdict in a brachial plexus injury case in Chicago on January 27, 2017.
- We are proud to announce a $60 Million settlement for the family of a 16-year-old girl who suffered injuries after contact with a down power line. Because of this effort, our deserving client will get the very best care. This is the largest settlement of its kind in Ohio history.
- Michael Becker is honored to recognized as a 2016 Martindale-Hubbell® Top Rated Lawyer™
- The Becker Law Firm is proud to announce that Michael Becker and his wife, Beverly, have received the “Spirit of Giving” Award from Rising Star Academy.
- Attorney Romney Cullers has recently become certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- The Becker Law Office obtained a $90 Million settlement for a class action case against Anthem Insurance Company for failing to give its former members full value for their interest in the previous mutual company.
- Michael Becker obtained a verdict in the amount of $14.5 million on a 25 ½-week preemie, alleging failure to prolong the pregnancy and failure to intervene during labor ultimately resulting in catastrophic brain injuries.
- Michael Becker is an invited speaker at the American Association for Justice Seminar on Winning Medical Negligence Cases with Rules of the Road on March 8-9, 2013 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Michael Becker has been invited to speak at the Advocacy Institute’s Plaintiff’s Litigation/Trial Summit being held in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 31, 2011.
Super Lawyers for 2011
- Michael Becker has again been named Super Lawyers for the year 2011. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis, and this honor is only conveyed to 5% of attorneys in Ohio each year.
Super Lawyers for 2009
- Mike Becker has been recognized annually as Ohio Super Lawyers based upon a statewide nomination process, review of resumes and evaluation by other attorneys. This honor is only conveyed to 5% of attorneys in Ohio each year.
Super Lawyers for 2008
- Michael Becker was again chosen for inclusion as a Ohio Super Lawyer for the year 2008. Only 5% of lawyers in the state are named. This is not a popularity contest and is based upon considerable polling and peer evaluation efforts with detailed research that evaluates each candidate based on 12 indications of peer recognition and professional achievement. The process to be named a Super Lawyer involves checks and balances that produce a well-rounded and diverse listing of attorneys. There are a series of safeguards built into the database to prevent lawyers from campaigning their way onto the list or engaging in any sort of cooperative voting. The objective of Super Lawyers is to create a list that is useful to consumers of legal services and is a credible rating system to be used in choosing legal counsel. Inclusion on this list is not a guarantee of quality, but designation as a Super Lawyer is one piece of information that consumers can consider when searching for a lawyer.
- Michael Becker won $15,865,270.00 in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), Ohio in the case of Abram Elia vs. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Mr. Becker and Ms. Pantages represented a 7-year old boy who suffered significant brain damage as a consequence of the failure to closely monitor his well-being during labor.
- Michael Becker was an invited speaker at the Annual Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ) convention in Columbus, Ohio. His presentation was entitled “Becker’s Bits,” and included Mr. Becker’s thoughts and insight on how to successfully represent victims of medical negligence. Mr. Becker also talked about “Mike’s Kids,” the philanthropic organization he founded and its work done on behalf of disabled children.
- Becker Law Firm won $1,175,000.00 in Cuyahoga County, Ohio in the case of Nora Rivera, et al. vs. MetroHealth Medical Center. Ms. Pantages represented a 5-year old girl who suffered a severe total right brachial plexus injury following the delivery complication of shoulder dystocia.
- Michael Becker won $8,699,000.00 dollars, the largest medical negligence verdict in the history of Montgomery County (Dayton), Ohio in the case of Katelyn Lewis, et al. vs. Tony B. Sarin, M.D., et al. Mr. Becker represented an 11-year old girl who was severely disabled as a result of injuries she received at the time of her birth.
Super Lawyers for 2007
- Michael Becker has been selected again as a 2007 Ohio Super Lawyer and will be part of the 5% of Ohio attorneys that receive the honor of being recognized as 2007 Ohio Super Lawyers. The recognition was published in the January, 2007 issue of the Cincinnati Magazine, Northern Ohio Live and Ohio Super Lawyer Magazine.
Super Lawyers for 2006
- Attorney Mike Becker has been selected as 2006 Ohio Super Lawyer. Only 5% of attorneys receive this honor each year. The selection procedure includes peer nominations from 35,000 lawyer ballots, a blue ribbon panel review process and independent research on candidates. Law & Politics performs the polling, research and selection of Super Lawyers in a process designed to identify Ohio Lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine and Cincinnati Magazine will publish the list of all Super Lawyers on December 27, 2005.