One of the top 100
trial attorneys in the u.s.
Meet Michael Becker
We will never have to worry for our son’s care again. – Elizabeth Elia, mother of Abram
Ohio Birth Trauma Attorneys
The Medical and Legal Aspects of Birth Injury
You may have a claim for monetary damages if the actions, decisions or inactions of health care professionals resulted in serious injury or death during pregnancy, labor or delivery. The Becker Law Firm represents clients in birth injury and death cases statewide and beyond.
Our Cleveland birth injury attorneys are here to answer your questions and advise you of your legal options. To learn about birth injury and how we can help, please review the following pages or contact our offices directly regarding:
- Birth injury vs. birth defect: A birth injury that could have been prevented had the medical professionals followed accepted standards of care is actionable. Most birth defects are not preventable, and therefore not actionable. We can help you determine whether medical negligence was involved in your case.
- Pregnancy and prenatal care: Negligent medical care during pregnancy can cause life-altering injury or death to the mother or her developing fetus. How do you know if the care you received — or should have received — was responsible for harm to you or your child? Our law firm can get your questions answered.
- Labor and delivery: Mistakes made during labor and delivery can cause permanent brain damage, disability and death. Our lawyers can help determine if malpractice caused birth trauma that harmed the mother or child.
- Postpartum complications: Failure to recognize and respond to complications after the birth can result in life-altering injury to the mother or her child, or in the death of either or both.
- Types of birth injury: These conditions can be caused by medical negligence before, during or after childbirth.
- Causes of birth injury: Many types of medical mistakes can result in a birth injury. We discuss some of the most common birth injuries.
- Legal recourse: Learn about your legal options and how we can help you pursue justice and financial compensation for the harm you and your child have suffered.
- Verdicts and settlements: Our law firm has achieved successful results for numerous families harmed by birth injuries. We are proud to have made a difference in the lives of our clients.
Contact Our Ohio Birth Trauma Lawyers
The Becker Law Firm can evaluate your possible claim of prenatal care negligence. Contact our trial lawyers by e-mail or call (440) 210-9336 to arrange a free initial consultation. From offices in Cleveland and Elyria, our lawyers represent clients throughout Ohio.